Cemprotec MCI 2020
Surface applied corrosion inhibitor.
- Water based organic compound which migrates through the pore structure of hardened concrete by both capillary suction of the liquid and diffusion of the vapour phase. Does not need direct contact with steel.
- Will migrate into the hardest concrete towards steel reinforcement, where it forms a monomolecular protective layer which helps to reduce corrosion at both the anode and cathode.
- Formulated on time proven, corrosion inhibiting technology, it is used in conjunction with the Flexcrete Concrete Repair System to help to extend the life of reinforced concrete structures in aggressive environments.
- Easily applied by spray, roller or brush. No cure time is required.
- Water-based product, free from hazardous solvents.
CEMPROTEC MCI®2020 is a clear, water based, organic surface treatment for existing concrete structures.
Based on time proven corrosion inhibiting technology, it has been specially formulated to migrate into concrete, by liquid and vapour diffusion, to form a protective monomolecular layer on steel reinforcement, which helps to reduce corrosion. It’s penetrative action ensures that it does not inhibit the free passage of water vapour and it has a minimal effect on surface appearance. It is most effective when used in conjunction with the Flexcrete Concrete Repair and Protection System in protecting steel in aggressive environments subject to high levels of chlorides, such as marine and highway structures. With corrosion inhibiting technology which was developed over twenty years ago, it has a proven track record of protecting and enhancing the durability of structures worldwide.
All tools should be cleaned with water immediately after use.
Application Guide and Safety Data Sheet available on request.
- Specific Gravity: 1.03 - 1.05
- Colour: Clear amber liquid
- Flash Point: N/A (water based)
- Min Application Temperature: 4°C